portfolio — ida flik
data visualization + journalism
- Future uninhabitable places
- Wealth distribution in Germany
- CO₂ budget game
- How much companies really recycle
- 9-Euro ticket routes
- Is this weather normal?
- Whom inflation hits hardest
- Deportation union
- Inequality in numbers
- Die Ära Merkel in Zahlen
- Local climate stripes (and how to fold a fan)
- The German parliament and representation
- Ost-West? Nord-Süd? Oder ganz anders?
- 10 years after Fukushima
- Election Dashboards
- Global distribution of mobility rights
- A Year in Data
- Forests and climate change
- Covid and Excess Deaths 2020
- US elections: Gerrymandering (DE / EN)
- US elections: Winner takes all (DE / EN)
- Civil Sea Rescuing in the Mediterranean
- Renovations and Rent Increases
- Right-wing terrorism in Germany
- Interviewing Journalism Alumni
- A Future Powered by Algae? — website
- Machines Drawing Data
- Who is paid for Coffee? Pt I
- Who is paid for Coffee? Pt II
exhibitions and spacial
- Urban Planning in Altona
- Stage design oio@rc3
- Translating Statistics into Space
- A Future Powered by Algae? — exhibition
- History for Kids
- Almost complete
- Just Transition Training Manual
- TRANSITIONS Festival
- KidsCourage Handbook
- Data & Activism Activity Book
- In*vision Festival
- Media & Power Lecture Series
- Travel Postcards
- Right to Record
- Haricot Patterns
- Gothenburg Architecture
Hi, I'm Ida!
I work across the fields of data, journalism and design.
I'm interested in the potential of data and graphics for investigating and and making different topics more understandable.
Nowadays my focus is on data analysis, data visualization and data-driven journalism, but I have also worked with interactive installations, exhibitions and graphic design. Sometimes (not very often) I also write and I'm a research fellow at Leipzig University's RSC4Earth.
Don't hesitate to get in touch!