portfolio — ida flik
data visualization + journalism
- Gerrymandering (DE / EN)
- US presidential elections explained (DE / EN)
- Ost-West? Nord-Süd? Oder ganz anders?
- A Year in Data
- Civil Sea Rescuing in the Mediterranean
- Renovations and Rent Increases
- Right-wing terrorism in Germany
- Interviewing Journalism Alumni
- A Future Powered by Algae? — website
- Machines Drawing Data
- Who is paid for Coffee? Pt I
- Who is paid for Coffee? Pt II
- Translating Statistics into Space
- Kids Courage Publication
- Data & Activism Activity Book
- In*vision Festival
- Media & Power
- A Type Love Story
- Play Publication
- Typographic Experiments
Hi, I'm Ida!
I work across the fields of design, data and journalism.
I'm interested in the potential of graphics and data for investigating and making complex topics more tangible. I enjoy researching and learning about all the different things out there, and I like playing with different tools, technologies and materials. I have worked on interactive installations and exhibitions, layouts and web design, data visualizations and data-driven journalism. Sometimes (not very often) I also write.
Don't hesitate to get in touch!